Category : Aroma Reads
WELCOME! At Rainbow Skys Naturally we make all our own Natural Beauty Products including Body Butters, Lip Balms, Facial Oils, Soaps and Aromatic Blends and supply a range of Aromatherapy Essential Oils and Diffusers including Oil Lamps, Lockets and Bottles. Our email is open to join our blog also updates on information and specials!
We love to learn why an Essential Oil works. We research from many sources and love to share what we find. We dig deep into what makes up an Essential Oil and what it may be good for. We love a bit of history of an Essential Oil and explore its’ native ground. An Essential Oil has a note, and we love to smell it!
“Latest from Our Blog”
- Top Three Australian Essential Oils for Cold and Flu SeasonIn Australia we are blessed with a range of essential oils that can give relief from congestion, snuffy noses, coughing and drowsiness. Here you will find our Top 3 go to essential oils to add to your go to collection if you feel the dreaded symptoms of cold and flu season arriving. Eucalyptus Oil Number
- PromosHi, Sorry, we have no Promos at the moment. Check back again soon!
- CEDARWOOD OIL Aromatherapy Essential “Oil of the Month”Exploring Cedarwood “Atlas” and Cedarwood “Virginian” Cedarwood Atlas: Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica Cedarwood Atlas has a sweet woody base note with a spicy undertone. It originates from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. Cedarwood Atlas belongs to the pine family, the oil being steamed distilled from the foliage, branches, wood and roots. It is believed that
- Inspiring MumsHi Amazing Mums and Wonderful People, This Mothers Day I’d like to express great love to the amazing mums who nurture and care for us with all their hearts! Especially My Mum! My mum is in all honesty my greatest fan. What ever I seem to do she is there to cheer me on and
- PALMAROSA OIL Aromatherapy Essential “Oil Of the Month”Learn the Constituents of Palmarosa A sweet floral grass with a rose-like herbal scent steam distilled from the leaves after flowering. Botanical Name: Cymbopogon Martinii Cymbopogon is from two Greek words meaning “boat” and “beard” referring to the large bract enclosing the flower spike. Palmarosa is native to South East Asia, particularly India but is
- PINE SYLVESTRIS Aromatherapy Essential “Oil of the Month”Learn about Scots Pine A fresh green earthy scent reminiscent of a pine forest grown in Hungary and steamed distilled using the needles (like leaves) of the tree. Botanical Name: Pinus Sylvestris Also known as Scots Pine and one of the strongest softwoods available. The only Native Pine to Northern Europe, it being the “national
- GRAPEFRUIT OIL Aromatherapy Essential “Oil of the Month”Grapefruit Oil – One of the Seven Wonders Botanical Name: Citrus x Paradisi The Grapefruit is actually an accidental cross between the Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis) and the pomelo (Citrus maxima) both of which were introduced from Asia in the 17th Century. When found, it was called the “forbidden fruit” but currently the grapefruit is
- FRANKINCENSE OIL Aromatherapy Essential “Oil of the Month”Learn about Frankincense Oil Frankincense is actually an aromatic resin obtained from the Boswellia trees by stripping the bark back and letting the resin to drip out and harden. The hardened streaks of resin are called tears. The dry resin is then steam distilled to obtain the essential oil. There are five main species of
- Rose Water – The Number one rejuvenating spritzRose Water – The Number One Rejuvenating Spritz One of our top products….. The Irresistible Rose Water. A Toner for your face, chest and body or we just love to spray it everywhere. Rose is known for its’ fresh calming properties helping to sooth emotions and bring relief from anxiety and grief. It promotes love
- PATCHOULI OIL Aromatherapy Essential “Oil of the Month”Learn about Patchouli Oil Constituents and Benefits Botanical Name: Pogostemon Cablin An Earthy strong, woody, wine scent (native to the Philippines) mainly produced in Indonesia by steam distillation from the leaves of the Pogostemon Cablin, a species of the mint family that dates back centuries but was commonly used in the 1960’s and 1970’s by
- TEA TREE OIL Aromatherapy Essential “Oil of the Month”Australian Tea Tree Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia A Native to Australia is the Tea Tree. There are over 300 species belonging to the Myrtle family and are also known as paperbarks and honey myrtles. Tea Tree has a papery bark and white to creamish bottlebrush-like flowers up to 5cm long, flowering in October to November.
“Search Blog By Nature”
Australian Essential Oils Bacteria Fungi and Essential Oils Balancing with Essential Oils Best Essential Oils for Your Skin Calming Relaxing and Tranquil Essential Oils Clarity Alert and Focused Cooling Essential Oils Digestive and Immune Systems Essential Oils for Memory Essential Oils that are Cleansing Essential Oils to Support Breathing Colds and the Respiratory System Floral Essential Oils Fresh Essential Oils Grounding Essential Oils Hydration and Essential Oils Impurities Oxides and Pigments Inflammation and Essential Oils Meditating and Aromatherapy Naturally Repelling Essential Oils Relieving Anxiety with Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Sensual Essential Oils Skin Patch Testing Sleep and Essential Oils Uplifting Energising Positive and Happy Essential Oils Warming Essential Oils